Just Home is not a standard organisation. We are here to support local crew and we need your involvement to stay running. We are run and managed by local people with lived experience of homelessness. This is not just a service you access – once things are stable in your life we would love your participation in our groups and committee to help bring about change in housing for Augusta Margaret River long term.
Our Housing Advocacy Project
In July 2017, Just Home commenced a 3-year Housing Advocacy Project. Through our dedicated Housing Advocacy Officer, the Housing Advocacy Project aims to achieve the following:
- Actively contribute to programs and activities to improve local access to housing services;
- Provide information, referral, advocacy and support to help resolve difficulties for community members in accessing and maintaining affordable, appropriate, secure and accessible housing in Augusta Margaret River;
- Implement locally-developed strategies to prevent homelessness and improve access to affordable, appropriate, secure and accessible housing in Augusta Margaret River, including public, private, emergency, community and other forms of housing;
- Generate community awareness and compassion about homelessness and housing stress, and facilitate community provision of informal crisis accommodation and affordable short and long-term housing to people in need;
- Manage the Margaret River Soup Kitchen’s crisis accommodation caravan program to provide accommodation to people in need of emergency housing;
- Support the self-determination of people with personal experience of homelessness and housing stress to address their own housing issues; and,
- Maintain a database of service users to monitor the rates, experiences and issues of homelessness and housing stress in the Augusta Margaret River area.
‘My child sees me cry and panic and get angry… it all gets so overwhelming. The cold comes through the floor of the van, and putting underlay between the lino and concrete of the annex is just one of the many things on the “when I have enough money to eat properly I’ll do…” list. And her slippers are too small for her… that goes before the list’
Are you currently struggling to pay rent, at risk of being evicted, sleeping rough, on a couch, somewhere crowded, in a caravan or tent?
Our Housing Advocacy Officer
Just Home has a part-time Housing Advocacy Officer who is located at the Margaret River Community Centre on Mondays and Thursdays. (Contact us to schedule an appointment.) The Housing Officer doesn’t have housing to allocate but can support you to access services and make a plan to secure housing. Sometimes it just helps to have a chat, clear your head and plan your next steps. Please note, the Housing Advocacy Officer is not a crisis service. If you urgently need shelter, please contact Crisis Care on 1800 199 008.
Housing Officer Resources
Though we cannot allocate housing, our housing officer can help you with toiletries, small vouchers for food, fuel and phone credit to assist you to access housing when we have supplies. We can support you to access swags, tents and water proofing supplies for shelters. We can help you apply for public and private housing, and obtaining ID required for public and social housing applications. We can support your inquiries if you need legal advice around tenancy issues with real estate agencies, the police or the Shire, and access free legal information so you know your rights. The housing officer may suggest and help you access another service if you are struggling with family and domestic violence, your health, mental health, drug and alcohol issues, legal or financial stresses.